In the fall of 2012, Brad Zachritz was challenged to step out on faith and explore the concept of starting a new kind of church. As Brad and his wife, Abby, began praying over the calling, God began to place a passion for residents of Gainesville, Florida on their hearts. Brad resigned his post as youth pastor of Crosspoint Church in Cape Coral and became fully committed to making Shift Church a reality.
The concept was to open a different kind of church in Gainesville, A Church for the Rest of Us. Gainesville doesn’t need another church, it needs a different kind of church. Shift is a church that exists for the people that aren’t here yet. We are passionate about existing for more than ourselves.
We live this out by creating a welcoming environments that allows real people to engage and interact with each other. Armed with culturally relevant and practical messages to guide their everyday lives, we want people to maximize their potential and use their gifts to benefit others in our community. We aim to stretch and challenge people to have a personal relationship with God.
Shift Church represents a movement of people that want to see a change happen throughout the city of Gainesville. We invite you to join us, be part of the story, and help write the next chapter.
The vision of Shift Church is to inspire the residents of the greater Gainesville area to become passionate followers of Jesus. Shift Church is not a building or a religion, but rather a movement of people.
We believe that establishing roots and building a solid foundation in Christ will lead to success in marriages, families, relationships and professions. We are the church that will serve and embrace the culture of Gainesville and help people Shift toward connection with Christ and community.
- Jesus Christ is the one and only Son of God who died for our sins and rose from the dead. [1 Corinthians 15: 1-8]
- That the Bible is the inspired Word of God. [2 Timothy 3:16]
- That every person has worth as a creation of God, but that all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. [Romans 3:23]
- That forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life are available to those who trust Christ as Savior and Lord. [John 3:16]
- That those accepting Christ should repent of sin, confess their faith and be baptized into Him. [Romans 10:9, Acts 2:38]
- That the Church is the body of Christ on earth, empowered by the Holy Spirit and exists to save the lost and edify the saved. [Eph. 4:1-16]
- That Jesus Christ will one day return to earth and reign forever as the King of kings and Lord of lords. [1 Thessalonians 4:13-18]